Sunday, December 17, 2017

Review: High Seas Homicide by Danielle Collins


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
November 12, 2017






Synopsis from Goodreads

Nothing ruins a post-retirement cruise faster than a murder in the cabin next door.
A new cozy mystery series from #1 Best Selling author Danielle Collins

Lucy Hannaford spent her career catching criminals. When she retired, she assumed murders were a thing of the past. When her first post retirement vacation turns deadly, she’s forced to take over a murder investigation. Can Lucy trade her retirement in for sleuthing? Does she even want to?

High Seas Homicide is part of the Hannaford British Cozy Mystery series. If you like fun cozy mysteries, with a British twist, you are going to love Hannaford British Cozy Mysteries.

My Review

Retired detective, Lucy Hannaford, goes on a much needed post retirement cruise with her husband. However, her career as a detective doesn’t seem to be in retirement as one of her fellow cruise passengers ends up dead and she is forced to assist in the investigation.

Lucy ends up in charge of the investigation. She discovers quite a few suspects , not to mention many obstacles along the way.

This is the first book in the Hannaford British Cozy Mystery series and it’s off to a great start. Lucy is a wonderful character. I would have liked to see more of her interacting with her husband, but he was relegated into the background for this book.

It’s a short book with a fast-paced storyline with many twists and turns. I didn’t want to put this one down until I knew whodunit. I’ll be looking for the second book in this series.




For reading challenges:
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2018

I borrowed this one through Kindle Unlimited. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. The Hannaford British Cozy Mystery series sounds very enjoyable. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing this series to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.