Saturday, August 5, 2017

Review: Welcome to Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts


Genre:
Romance, Women’s Fiction

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
MIRA

Release Date:
June 15, 2015






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Welcome back to Icicle Falls!

See how it all began. A prequel to Life in Icicle Falls, the popular series by Sheila Roberts.

Join Muriel as she tells you about the town she’s loved her whole life. Back in the 1960s, good girl Muriel became a rebel when she resisted her dad’s plans for her—to run Sweet Dreams, the family chocolate company. She had dreams of her own, dreams that involved a handsome stranger named Stephen Sterling. But everything worked out, as it often does in Icicle Falls, even if it happens in ways you don’t expect. Think of it as the Second Chance town!

My Review

I have been wanting to read the Icicle Falls series for awhile, but haven’t had a chance. When I saw this prequel novella, I figured this would be a good opportunity.

First, this is a very short novella, but it did the trick. It introduces the readers to the town of Icicle Falls and the people who live there. It definitely whet my appetite to continue with this series. Now, I just have to make time for it :)

This one starts off in the 1960’s before the series actually began, which is present day. Even though this is a short book, the author did a great job of developing the characters. I already felt as if I knew them.

I’m more than ready to find out what happens to these characters as time goes by and they grow and have their own families.

Definitely looks like a series I will enjoy.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2017

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. The 60's, chocolate, a bit of romance, what's not to love about this book? The cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed most of the books in this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read one book in this series and I really liked it. No idea why I haven't read more from it. I really should get this prequel. Sounds like the perfect way to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.