Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Review: A Christmas Family Wish by Helen Scott Taylor




Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
November 9, 2013








Synopsis from Goodreads:

When a tree falls on Rachel's house in a storm, the person who rescues her is Ian, the same man who rejected her declaration of love when she was eighteen. She has banished him from her thoughts for eight years, but all her feelings rush back as he plays the white knight and takes Rachel and her son into his home. The young man she once knew is now a wealthy, successful business owner, and more gorgeous than ever. Life has left them both bruised, but can they put the past behind them and start again?

My Review

A Christmas Family Wish is sweet story of second chances and how two people pull themselves up after being dealt a few major blows during their life.

I fell in love with Rachel and Ian from the beginning. These are two people readers can truly care about and root for. The main characters don’t drive you crazy and their motivation is realistic. I did briefly want to smack their exes, but that’s a normal reaction :) After that, I was just swept away into their love story.

I wanted a quick, holiday read and this was the perfect choice for me. It has romance with genuinely good people in the story. It’s the type of book that warms your heart and gives you that “warm fuzzy” feeling when you are finished.

I enjoyed this short break from the craziness of the holidays. It touched my heart which is why I’m giving it a high rating.

I really need to check out this author’s backlist. It looks extensive. I haven't read anything by her before.




Disclosure: I got this one as a freebie for my e-reader. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely and exactly the kind of read I'm looking for right now. I haven't read anything by Helen Scott Taylor but I'll have to add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.