Friday, November 11, 2016

Review: Sister Witchcraft: Bewitched, Bedeviled, and Bewildered (#1) by J.D. Winters & Dakota Kahn




Genre:
Paranormal, Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
October 20, 2016








Synopsis from Goodreads:

A magical legacy going back generations? Who needs it!

“I’d rather have some paid up bills,” Sybil says.
“Or maybe a pony,” agrees teenager Lucy.
Mimi seems to be the only one of the three sisters who appreciates what they’ve had left to them by their grandmother, a widely-known and once-powerful witch. Now if she could just get the others on board with saving the world—or at least their little corner of it. She’s got a black cat familiar on her side—and maybe some interest from handsome newsman Max Ransom. Other than that, she’s on her own. Maybe what she ought to find is a good ancient how-to book on world saving. She’s going to need it.

My Review

I got this as a freebie just before Halloween and meant to read it for the holiday, but it didn’t work out that way. However, it worked out just fine for me to read it now. What an enchanting novella. It can definitely be read in a few short hours. I devoured it and was sad to see it end.

Mimi and her familiar black cat, Kashmir, grabbed my heart. Mimi is a genuinely good person and Kashmir is right by her side to protect and guide her. This witchcraft stuff is fairly new to Mimi. There’s even some romance in the air for Mimi.

The story is short, but lately I’ve been a huge fan of novellas like this. Sometimes the shorter length is a nice break from longer books, although they are kind of hard to review. I was a bit disappointed that there isn’t a second book in this series yet but since this one was only released a couple of weeks ago, it would be too soon for the second one. It’s just that I wanted to read another right now! LOL



I got this one as a freebie for my Kindle. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. This one does sound really cute! I tend to do more Halloween inspired reading after the 31st than before (no idea why). Thanks for putting it on my radar.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, I enjoy novellas, too, from time to time, as well as short stories. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.