Sunday, May 10, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M.C. Beaton

Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Release Date:
February 2013



This is the sixth book in the Agatha Raisin series and she’s still trying to get her handsome neighbor James Lacey to marry her. This one continues where the fifth book left off. After breaking off their engagement, James runs off to spend some time alone in Cyprus. When Agatha hears this, she heads off to Cyprus to find him and that’s where we are now.

Not only does she find James, but they once again get themselves involved in yet another murder. This one is an obnoxious tourist with a whole cast of suspects. Agatha and James put aside their personal differences and try to find a killer.

At this point in the series, it’s more about the personal relationship of Agatha and James for me. The mysteries are interesting and I love that they are short ones that I can finish listening to in a week of commuting to and from work. They aren’t complicated and remind me very much of Agatha Christie’s mysteries.

I do find myself wondering what Agatha sees in James, other than his good looks. He’s not a very nice person but then again neither is she. LOL Sometimes it’s almost stalkerish the way she follows him around. It’s also kind of sad. I’m hoping she’ll meet some wonderful man who will sweep her off her feet and make her forget all about James.  Of course since this is a long series, my mind could change about James at any time :)

Although this one isn’t my favorite, I still enjoyed it. I already started listening to the next one. It’s like a soap opera  :)



For reading challenges:
I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2015

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.