Saturday, August 4, 2012

Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich


Genre:
Mystery, Romantic Suspense

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Harper Audio

Release Date:
July 2006






Alex "Barney" Barnaby races to Miami Beach, Florida in search of her missing brother "Wild Bill" Barnaby. She finds herself involved in high-speed car chases and Sam Hooker, a hot NASCAR driver.

Barney discovers that her brother "borrowed" Hooker's boat and sailed away. Hooker is quite anxious to find Bill, too, and he sticks by Barney's side through her investigation.

They find themselves in more danger than they bargained for.

My thoughts...

This was okay. I didn't like it nearly as much as I like the Stephanie Plum series. There was certainly potential, but it just fell short for me. Like I said it was an "okay" read - not great, not terrible. So, so. I listened to it on the way to work and sometimes it was hard to keep my concentration on it.



2/5 kitties


For reading challenges:

Audio Reading Challenges

2 comments:

  1. Same with me, I did not like this anywhere near as much as the Plum books

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I liked the Alex Barnaby books better than the Plum books - maybe its because I could connect with the Nascar theme - my dad used to be part owner of a racecar. Either way, I have massively enjoyed all of Evanovich's books, but particularly her older romance novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.