Thursday, March 1, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - A Couple of Weeks Worth



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.


Okay, so last week I was away for a few days and not doing much blogging. Today I find out that a question I suggested for this meme was used last week and it's the one week I didn't participate. So, I figure I'll just answer both weeks today :)

The question last week was...

What do you look for when reading a book blog? Does the blogger have to read the same genre? Do you like reviews? Personal posts? Memes? Giveaways? What attracts you to a book blog?

My answer...

I started by reading blogs with the same reading interests that I have, but I've branched out in the three years I've been blogging. If the reviews are written well, I enjoy them even if they aren't the same genres I read. I love memes. They're fun and I get to learn more about my fellow bloggers. The same with personal posts. Giveaways are fun, but they aren't a necessity for me. Mainly it's about the reviews and getting to know other bloggers.

And–what are your favorite book blogs?

I don't want to name blogs, since I'm sure I'll forget some, but the ones I regularly visit are listed in my sidebar.

This week's question...

Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character? Who and what about them did you love?

My Answer...

Mmmm...I can't really think of anyone specific, but there have been times where I'll fall in love with the hero. It only sticks with me while I'm reading the book which is probably why I can't give you a specific name. Wait...I just remembered a hero that I'm in love with even though I haven't read any books in the series for a few years...Joe Grey from the Joe Grey Mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.


For those who don't know, Joe Grey is a feline detective and he always manages to save the day for the dopey humans who can't seem to do it themselves. LOL




6 comments:

  1. Awww, a feline detective:) Sounds great! Here is my BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try Joel Grey again, even though I don't really like talking cat mysteries. I'm a dog person myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with this one, since I often don't remember specific characters afterwards...unless it's a series. Or something from the distant past....

    I almost put Jackson Brodie, from the series by Kate Atkinson.

    But here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe Grey is one of my favorites---Koko and YumYum from the Cat Who... series got me hooked on cats that solve mysteries and now I'm always looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't know about Joe Grey! I love cat mysteries, so I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when I thought I saw the cutest of these photos, another like this one pops up. Thanks for the laugh Yvonne. Hope you are enjoying you weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.