Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Citizen Insane by Karen Cantwell




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Publisher:
Books on the Green

Release Date:
June 2011

Format:
EBook





It’s never a dull moment for movie blogger and mom Barbara Marr. Just as she’s ready to enjoy a pedicure with her friends…not just any pedicure, but a Sweet Tangerine Spice Ultra-Ultimate Pedicure, one of her neighbors is acting crazy on her front lawn screaming about killing rabbits. Not to mention that Barbara is sure this nut is having an affair with her George Clooney look-alike FBI agent husband.

When another neighbor is nearly killed, Barbara knows there’s something ominous going on and she’d have to do a bit of investigation of her own – even if it means missing out on her Ultra-Ultimate pedicure! After all, her friends are in danger and so is her own family. The pedicure would have to wait.

The wacky adventures of Barbara Marr will have readers laughing out loud. The story is complete with devoted friends, a husband who wants to reunite with her, his sexy flirty friend, and even a couple of zany mobsters. Barbara makes me think of a married Stephanie Plum. Reading this book is a great way to relax and spend a few hours.

Citizen Insane is the second book of the series. Although it stands alone, you’ll want to read the first one, Take the Monkeys and Run. You won’t want to miss a moment of Barbara’s antics.

I can’t say enough good things about this series and the author. She’s amazing! These books are better than a box of chocolates (and I love chocolate!) I’m just sorry it took me so long to get around to reading it.


and how could I not give it....





FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
Cruisin' thru the Cozies
2012 ARC Reading Challenge
2012 EBook Reading Challenge
Merely Mystery Reading Challenge
Where Are You Reading? (Virginia)

4 comments:

  1. Better than chocolate!? Now way, and I love chocolate too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara sounds like a fantastic main character! And who doesn't like zany mobsters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun book and series and something I would really enjoy. Thank you for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.