Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Romance Reading Challenge 2012






I've been waiting for this challenge! It's hosted by Naida at The Bookworm.  I've done it for the past couple of years and loved it.  This will probably be the last challenge I join for 2012 (famous last words!), but I wasn't about to miss out on this one.


Without further ado, here are the rules:

1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2012 through December 31st, 2012.

2. "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.

3. Choose at least 5 novels to read. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.

All kinds of books count such as eBooks, Audiobooks...etc.

If you are looking for suggested reading see Best Romance Novels Today, Romance Novels on Wiki or Best Romance Stories.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks and Georgette Heyer.

4. Read the books at your own pace in 2012 then post the link to your review(s). You don't need to have a blog, posting your reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing counts as well.

I will be listing my choices here...

1. Melinda and the Wild West by Linda Weaver Clarke (Click here for review.)
2. Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis (Click here for review.)
3. Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne Thayne (Click here for review.)
4. Because of You by Jessica Scott (Click here for review.)
5. Ice Cold by Cherry Adair (Click here for review.)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are joining again this year Yvonne :) *yay*
    Looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...you joined this challenge also. I did it last year, and joined again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the mood for romance. I'm joining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the Romance button? Is it the big Gone With The Wind button for our blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea - Head over to Naida's blog The Bookworm. She's the one hosting the challenge and she has a bunch of different buttons to choose from. The Gone With the Wind button is just one of them. Her link is http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/2011/12/romance-reading-challenge-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.