Sunday, July 10, 2011

Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

Genre:
Fiction

Publisher:
Reagan Arthur Books

Release Date:
June 2011

Format:
EBook (also available as hardcover)

Meredith Martin Delinn is devastated when her husband, Freddy, is arrested and found guilty of running a Ponzi scheme. He cheated his investors of billions of dollars leaving quite a few destitute. Meredith’s problems don’t stop there when she finds herself and her sons under investigation as well. No one believes they were ignorant of Freddy’s illegal doings.

One of Meredith’s childhood friends, Constance Flute, is going through her own difficult times after her husband dies of cancer and her daughter refuses to have anything to do with her. Although Meredith and Constance had a falling out a few years back, they decide to put their differences aside and go off to Connie’s Nantucket summer home and get away from it all.

Unfortunately, they can never really get away from everything. Their problems tend to follow them. Meredith is recognized and becomes victim to vandals and hatred as she is lumped into the same mold as her husband. She’s determined to prove her innocence but, more importantly, she wants her sons’ names cleared of all wrong doing.

This story is definitely one that was ripped from newspaper headlines and certainly is a timely topic. It was an interesting read and I liked the characters. Although there were times I thought Meredith and Connie were both acting selfish, it was also understandable with all they were going through.

Silver Girl is filled with love, betrayal and forgiveness. Her characters are very real and believable. What I love about Hilderbrand’s books are they are perfect beach reads and always make me feel like it’s summer and I’m on vacation. They are fast-paced books and this was no exception.





FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I have never read a book by her but it is one of those authors I would like to try one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book, also. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this author in my TBR too long! Glad to hear this one was good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.