Sunday, October 10, 2010

Unbreakable Bond by Rita Herron




Genre: Romance, Mystery
Format: Ebook
Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue
Release Date: July 2010-10-10

Eight years ago, Nina Nash found herself pregnant and everyone around her trying to convince her to get rid of the child. The father of the child and his family wanting nothing to do with her and her own father feared the child would destroy Nina’s life. However, Nina already loved her unborn child and wanted to keep her. The night she gave birth to her daughter, a fire broke out in the hospital. Her daughter was presumed dead, but Nina never accepted it. She had a strong feeling that her child was still alive and needed her. Nina could even hear her daughter singing, but nobody believed her. She was sent into psychiatric care, but she never gave up the search for her child.

The Guardian Angel Investigation team reluctantly take the case with Slade Blackburn heading the investigation. He’s convinced there is more here than meets the eye and Nina might not be as insane as everyone thinks. He vows not to stop searching until he can give Nina some kind of closure, whether it’s good news or bad.

Together Nina and Slade search for answers and slowly uncover secrets that were supposed to be left hidden. Things take a dangerous turn and Slade does all he can to protect Nina, a woman he has fallen in love with. He’ll protect her from anyone including her own father.

I absolutely loved this book! I read it in one day. I don’t know if anyone realizes just how good the Harlequin Intrigue line is. It’s almost like a cozy mystery series…some romance and much mystery all tossed together in one nice package. I’m usually a stickler to read series books in order and “Unbreakable Bond” is the third book of Ms. Herron’s Guardian Angel Investigation. It didn’t ruin things at all for me, especially since the other characters were all secondary in this story. This book was about Nina and Slade. Although I do plan to read the first two books as I really enjoyed this author’s writing style.



Since I was crying at the end of the book, as well as disappointed that it was over, I’m giving it one of my Socrates’ Great Book Alerts. You never know where or when you’ll find a “gem-to-you” book.



For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
Read Your Own Book Challenge

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.