Thursday, August 26, 2010

Caught by Harlan Coben




Genre: Suspense
Format: EBook

Social Worker Dan Mercer is a friend to troubled teens. He’s there to help them through all the difficult times. Needless to say, the suburban New Jersey community he lives in is shocked to learn that he might be a pedophile and could be responsible for the disappearance of a popular teenage girl.

Reporter Wendy Tynes helps to catch and arrest Dan on her TV show “Caught in the Act”. Due to a technicality, the charges are dropped and Dan is a free man. However, he’s not really free as public opinion has already found him guilty of the crime. His former life no longer exists as he loses his job and standing in the community.

Strange things begin happening and Wendy begins to doubt her own intuition and actions. She fears she may have helped destroy an innocent man and conducts her own investigation. She never expected her own life and her teenage son to be in any danger, but that’s exactly what happens.

This is Harlan Coben as his best. It has been awhile since I’ve read one of his novels but he never fails to disappoint me. He takes the reader on a true rollercoaster ride. Readers never knew which way he’d turn next. There were unexpected twists and turns right up to the very last page. Another great book with characters I really cared about.

I’ve been on a roll lately…another 5 kitties and another for the Socrates Great Book Alert Award.





For reading challenge:

A to Z Reading Challenge

6 comments:

  1. Great review! Loved this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 5 kitties, you certainly are on a roll :=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my TBR list. I have never read his books but looks like an author I will enjoy.

    Yaaay for reading great books lately, what a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds to be everything a suspense book should be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound like a book full of suspense! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coben definitely knows how to write a great thriller. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.