Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Salon - Changes in reading tastes



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.


It was a slow reading week for me. I only finished one book "Living Dead in Dallas" by Charlaine Harris. I did start to listen to the audio version of James Patterson's "Step On A Crack" (the first in his Michael Bennett series) and I'm reading "7th Heaven" by James Patterson (Women's Murder Club Series). So, I'm overdosing on James Patterson this week. LOL I do have several books waiting for my review, but I have to finish these first because they are due back to the library.

For some reason I've been thinking about the changes in my reading tastes over the years. I used to love Harlequin Romances and could devour them. I mean the original HR series - the sweeter stories. Over the years Harlequin expanded to longer books and spicier ones...with their expansion, my tastes expanded as well. The longer books - with more of a plot to them - are more to my tastes now.

Besides Harlequin, I used to love paranormal books - vampires, werewolves, etc. etc. I loved them all. Now, I do enjoy some paranormal books, but not as much as I used to. I, also, loved western romances and now not so much.

I do read all kinds of books, including the ones I mentioned, but my reading tastes have changed.

Also, thanks to the blogging world, I'm more willing to read books I never would have read before. I have 4 Jane Austen books on my Nook waiting to be read. I never would have even tried them before, which is strange since my original reading genre of choice was romance - another change because my reading genre of choice now is mystery and suspense.

I hope everyone has a great week!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

1 comment:

  1. Cute cat! I had a slow week as well but hope to speed up next week, if I can! Happy Sunday! Harvee, My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.