Saturday, December 12, 2009

When Day Breaks by Mary Jane Clark




Genre: Suspense, Thriller

Constance Young had been the star of the morning TV show circuit. Constance is about to leave her popular job and switch to another network and another TV show. After a huge farewell party, the world is stunned when Constance is found at the bottom of her swimming pool, apparently murdered.

Her former co-workers set out to do a bit of investigating on their own. It’s not as if Constance didn’t have any enemies. It was more difficult to find anyone who actually liked the TV star. Even her own sister had a deep hatred for Constance.

The investigation takes some crazy twists and turns. It’s discovered that Constance had been wearing a valuable unicorn amulet when she was killed. The amulet had been missing from New York’s Cloisters museum. Could that have something to do with her untimely death?

I have to admit, I nearly didn’t finish this book. I listed to the audio version and a dog was brutally murdered in the prologue. It made me sick and I had to skip a few tracks before I’d return to listening. Once I got past that (and believe me, it wasn’t easy!), this was a good suspense story. I’ll give the author another try at some point, but if there is anymore animal cruelty, I don’t think I’ll bother. It really was a disturbing scene, at least to me.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, I can understand why you skipped that. Would not want to read it either

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read one book from her and that was last year. Ouch! It's understandable. I might have to pass on this book for now for future reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.