Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber





Genre: Romance

Cassie Beaumont wants the “perfect Christmas”. To her, the only way to get that is to marry the “perfect man”, have the “perfect children” and live in the “perfect house”. Unfortunately, none of these things are on her horizon. Her best friend, Angie, convinces her to see a matchmaker. Simon Dodson’s reputation is flawless and, for a mere $30,000, he will find her the “perfect match”.

A little skeptical, but feeling desperate, Cassie decides to give herself an early Christmas gift and makes an appointment to see Simon. He is sure he knows just the man to make Cassie’s dreams come true. First, Cassie must prove herself. He gives her three tasks – to stand outside a local Target store and help the Salvation Army get donations, wear an elf costume and help a store Santa, and, the last task is to throw a Christmas dinner for her cantankerous neighbors. None of these tasks are easy but they all prove to be enlightening. Once Cassie completes her tasks, she’s in for a real surprise when she discovers who her “perfect” match is.

This is a delightful, heartwarming Christmas story. Debbie Macomber always comes up with a Christmas story that leaves you with that warm and fuzzy feeling with it’s all over. Although this isn’t my favorite of her books, it’s right up there with the best of them.

2 comments:

  1. This one is sitting on my shelf waiting for me to remember it! The book says thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww it's Simon right ;)
    Anyway sounds cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.