Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rude Awakenings of A Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler




Genre: Time Travel, Chick Lit

Jane Mansfield wakes up in a strange new world. She sees a small screen featuring characters from what appears to be her favorite Jane Austen novel, “Pride and Prejudice”. She tries to get the characters’ attention, but they ignore her. Jane finds nothing familiar about her current circumstances. When strange people show up calling her “Courtney”, she really is confused.

Jane is thrown into Courtney’s life which consists of an ex-fiance who cheated on her, a couple of girlfriends desperately trying to protect her and a good male friend who deceived her. She doesn’t seem to have much trouble fitting in Courtney’s life, as she realizes Courtney must be living Jane’s life in the 19th century.

This is a fun sequel to Rigler’s Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict. It’s humorous as readers follow Jane around present day Los Angeles as she learns to drive a car and use a cell phone. She even manages to get a job. She quickly learns that the 21st century is much different than her own 19th century London. For one thing, the women wear scandalous clothes on the beach. Jane’s mother would be shocked if she could see her daughter now. I LOL when Jane loses electricity and becomes very stressed out about it. For someone who didn’t even know what electricity was just a few days prior, she sure got used to having it.

I listened to the audio version and I may want to read the print version someday. I liked how this book flowed and I enjoyed the storyline. It was a nice escape.

For reading challenge: Chick Lit Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. It does sound so fun :D
    I would like them both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this one too (I read it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this book. I think it would be fun to listen to. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.