Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Unbridled by Tori Carrington



Harlequin Blaze #483, August 2009

Genre: Romance

Attorney Laney Cartwright is hired to represent Carter Southard, a recently discharged Marine. She has her hands full as he’s not only charged with rape, but suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome. Carter wants Laney’s help to get reinstated to the Corps.
He comes from a military family and intends to remain one himself. Unfortunately, he is not happy with the Marines’ conditions for his return and intends to fight it every step of the way.

Meanwhile, Laney has troubles of her own when she begins receiving threats in connection with one of her clients. Carter is determined to protect the beautiful lawyer at all costs.

Laney and Carter’s relationship takes a turn on the wild side when the two can’t keep their hands off each other. They come from opposite sides of the world – Laney is all class and Carter is from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s sure it will never work out.

The pages of this book absolutely sizzle! The chemistry between Laney and Carter is explosive. I’ve been a big fan of Tori Carrington, a husband and wife writing team, for years and this book did not disappoint. Carrington’s books always leave me with that “feel good” feeling and this one was no different. It was a quick read that I could not put down.


For reading challenge:

A to Z Reading Challenge

7 comments:

  1. Big, wet cyber kisses, Yvonne! What a lovely review. We're thrilled you enjoyed Unbridled!

    xoxo

    Lori & Tony :> ;>
    www.toricarrington.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to pick this book up, as my favorite people in it... Devil Dogs, lol

    P.S. Is it me or is Cartwright used a lot in books as a last name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devil dogs!!!! Omigawd, I could so go for one right now. :::stomach growling:::

    It's not you. Cartwright is used A LOT! We had planned to change it (it was a placemat name), then left it as is 'cause it fit.

    Hey, it could have been Smith. lol

    xoxo

    L&T :D ;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting Lori & Tony! I so appreciate it as I'm a huge fan of your work!

    Tena - This is really a great book. I hadn't noticed about Cartwright, but you might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had Devil Dogs in years! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea at all what devil dogs are, first I thought it was what it said, lol, then I saw the eat part ;)

    Great review, and it sure sounds sizzling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Devil dogs are cake snacks - they are about the size and shape of a banana. It's like a sandwich - 2 chocolate slices with vanilla cream in the middle. I'm not quite sure what it has to do with the book, though. I can't remember Devil Dogs being in it, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.