Sunday, September 13, 2009

Musing Mondays - Reading Trends



If you'd like to join in on Musing Mondays, just click the button above.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading trends…


Do you find yourself forming trends in your reading? Is this a conscience act, influenced by either your own interests or current publishing fads?


My answer...

I do tend to have reading trends. It's not something I consciously think about, but if I read a certain genre or storyline and enjoy it, then I'm always looking for more to read just like it. It only lasts until I get bored and then the next trend starts :)

At the beginning of summer, I was reading books set on beaches or with a summer-type theme. As we get closer to fall, I'm kind of done with the summer books, although I didn't read all the ones I wanted to. Now with October coming up, I want to read spooky type of books, but that won't last much past Halloween.

For me, it usually has nothing to do with the current publishing fads. I don't always like the latest fad. I end up just getting mad that the publishers are trying to shove their latest hype down my throat. LOL I like to make up my own mind :)

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

6 comments:

  1. Love beach & spooky reads!
    Here's mine:
    http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/09/musing-mondays_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself am looking for "fall" or Halloween themed books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, you are a seasonal reader. my weakness, my 'comfort' reads are mysteries and thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping the longer I read beach & summer books, it will make it last longer! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.