Sunday, July 19, 2009

The De Santis Marriage by Michelle Reid



Harlequin Presents #2756, September 2008

Genre: Romance

Lizzy Hadley has no intention on going to her best friend, Bianca’s wedding, to Italian tycoon, Luciano De Santis. Lizzy’s brother had been in love with Bianca, but she broke up with him for Luc. Lizzy’s brother and father convince her to attend the wedding anyway, so she does. When she sees Luc, she feels an attraction she never felt before. She tries to control herself, since he is her best friend’s fiancĂ©. Nothing could ever happen between them.

To everyone’s shock, Bianca leaves Luc standing at the altar as she runs off with Lizzy’s brother. Luc intends to make someone pay, unfortunately that someone is Lizzy. He blackmails her into marrying him or he will make sure her family suffers. Lizzy finds herself hating him, but not completely. She really wants nothing more than to make this more than just a marriage of convenience.

This was a nice read for a Sunday afternoon. It was quick, it moved along at a quick pace and I really felt for Lizzy and Luc. It’s been awhile since I read a Harlequin Presents, but this is a good one. I usually do enjoy Michelle Reid’s writing.

For reading challenges:

On the Porch Swing
Romance Reading

1 comment:

  1. Harlequin are seldom crap since they tend to be easy reads. I must read one again one of these days

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.