Monday, June 1, 2009

Musing Mondays - June 1st



If you'd like to participate in Musing Mondays, click the button above to join in the fun!

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about sticking with it…

How much time (or how many pages) do you give a book that you aren't really enjoying before you'll set it aside? If you're reading it for a book group discussion, or for review, will you give it more of a chance then, say, a book you're reading for your own interest? Why, or why not? (courtesy of MizB)


Well, let me start with, I almost always finish everything I start. I think I've only quit on a couple of books and those I put to the side to try and read at another time (I'm still waiting for that time to come.) I know life is too short and I shouldn't waste it on books I don't like (not to mention that I have 1000's in my TBR that I could be reading instead), but for some reason I just have this need to complete what I start.

I am going to try and be better - stop after maybe 50 pages if I really don't like a book, but not if it's a book for a review or book discussion. Those I feel obligated to finish.

What about you? What do you do?

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

4 comments:

  1. Find it hard to give a definitive page number. Some books start off promisingly, but then deteriorate into nothingness. Other books start slow, but pick up pace once the author sets the scene.

    I try to finish as many books as I can. There are some that are beyond me, and those I hide away, or pretend that they don't exist. It's a horrible feeling, when you shelf a book, and it judges you silently, from its corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your pictures as well as your posts! Some books I have to set aside for another time but do have a 50 page rule.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.