Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Thingers




This week we are going to take a peek at the styles of Your Library and how you can customize them. To see what I'm talking about, go to Library Thing, and click on the Your Library tab. Just under the tabs, you will find a section that says Styles, A, B, C, D, E, and then a symbol that looks like a pencil. If you click on the pencil, you can edit your styles, or the formatting of the pages that show your books' information.I believe the standard information is the Title, Author, Date, Tags, and Comments. You then have the option to add ISBN, Common Knowledge fields, etc. . . there are 44 different options you can select from! Of the 5 styles (A,B,C,D,E), you can have up to 12 options per style.You can also use this screen to change the number of books shown per screen, the style visitors will see when they view your library, and you can choose to show the book-swap column.

Questions: Have you explored the different styles? Have you customized any of the styles? If so, what are your favorite customized items (isbn, Dewey Decimal, Reviews, Book-Swap, etc)?


My Response: I use style B. I like that it has the little cover pictures and pretty much just makes a list of the books. I'm a visual person and I like that the covers have the info about the books right next to them. It just makes it easier to see everything at a glance, for me. At a glance, I can see the cover, the author, date published and the tags, which let me know the genre of the book. For me, this is the best format. I've looked at the others, but I still stuck with style B.





Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments

3 comments:

  1. I use style B, too, and I don't think I'll be changing. But it's interesting to know there are other choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use A...and have pretty much the same options up. But I agree...I must have the pretty covers up first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I guess I edited my Style A a long time ago because it was almost the same as B, and I simply CAN'T use LT without the covers!! I'm off to find out how to add covers in a few. . .

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, have you seen the LT Helper Badges? ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.