Sunday, March 29, 2009

Virgin River by Robyn Carr



Genre: Romance

Melinda Monroe had enough of Los Angeles and working in an Emergency Room. After the brutal murder of her beloved husband, she wants to get as far away as possible and start a new life. She accepts a nursing/midwife position in the small town of Virgin River. She envisions a quiet life in a place where everyone knows your name. The ideal life. When Mel arrives, she finds anything but that quaint town of her dreams. Instead, she finds herself living in an old, dilapidated cabin and working for a doctor who wants nothing to do with her.

The local bar is run by Jack Sheridan, a former marine, who finds himself attracted to the new nurse in town. He does everything he can to make her comfortable, but he discovers she has a past that he just can’t break through. He vows to do whatever he can to make this beautiful, strong woman his own but first he must convince her to stay in Virgin River. It might not be the city life she’s used to, but small towns have their share of advantages too.

Mel discovers that Virgin River can be just as dangerous as Los Angeles, but it can also be even more beautiful. However, she’s not so sure the country life is for her and she can’t get her late husband out of her mind. Not even for the handsome, considerate Jack.

This book was excellent. I heard a lot about this series and it has taken me awhile to get to it, but it was well worth the wait. I loved the characters and the “small town” feel that this book has. I felt as if each character was someone I personally knew. Mel and Jack were two strong characters that readers will come to love from the beginning. The book is fast-paced, filled with both drama and romance. I can’t wait to read the second book in this trilogy.

I, also, have to give this one the Socrates' Book Reviews Great Book Alert.




For reading challenges: Read Your Own Book Challenge, A to Z Reading Challenge, Romance Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. I was hooked on the series with this book! I just posted a review for Paradise Valley (#7) and linked to the Romance challenge. Enjoy the series. I liked your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.