Monday, January 26, 2009

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich



Genre: Chick Lit, Mystery

Stephanie Plum is back in one of Jane Evanovich’s “Between-the-Numbers” books with her usual crazy cast of characters including the mysterious Diesel and her wacky grandmother.

This time Grandma Mazur finds a huge bag with lots and lots of money in it. She buys herself a RV and heads to Atlantic City to see how long her luck will hold out there. Unfortunately, there’s a little green man who thinks he’s a Leprechaun and claims that the money is his. He follows grandma to Atlantic City with Diesel, Stephanie, Connie and Lula not far behind. When Grandma Mazur is kidnapped, the sparks really start flying and it’s a race against the clock to save her life.

Another great addition to the Plum series. This book had me hysterically laughing throughout the whole thing. I’m usually not a big fan of the “Between-the-Numbers” books, but I do love the Stephanie Plum books. This one was fun and I’m glad she writes these shorter ones. My one complaint, and it’s nothing to do with the writing of this book, is that it’s originally released as a hardcover and I paid $12 for it. The book is only 165 pages and is more like a novella. I feel like I paid close to what I would have paid for a full length hardcover novel. Of course I knew what I was getting when I bought it and still chose to buy it – being a Plum fan – but it still bothers me that they market such a short book as a hardcover. Still…it made for an enjoyable Sunday morning read. I read it in one sitting and I absolutely NEVER do that with any book. So, perhaps it was worth it 

For reading challenges: RYOB, A to Z Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Grandma Mazur? She cracks me up! I really like Lula too. Too laugh out loud funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma is my favorite character in the series. She's such a hoot. I am glad you liked this one. I picked up a paperback copy recently (I couldn't bring myself to buy the hardback after having been disappointed with the other in between numbers) and hope to get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun, I read the first two in her Plum series and enjoyed them :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll like the newest one, Plum Spooky, even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.