Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sunday Salon - A Movies and Reviews Week



Happy Sunday Salon Everyone!!!

This week we've had nothing but alot of rain. The temperatures were warm - in the 50's so at least we didn't get snow. Now the temperatures have dropped to the 20's. Brrr.....good weather for reading, movies and TV :)

As far as reading goes, I finished reading and reviewing Like Glass by Matthew Corey and De Marco Empire by J Lou McCartney. I loved both books. They were both filled with so many twists and turns - just what I love! My reviews are already posted on my blog.

I will be participating with J. Kaye's Book Blog in a noontime chat for Like Glass. It's my first chat and I'm looking forward to it.

Right now I'm reading an Ellora's Cave Christmas anthology called "On Santa's Naught List" and I have one more story left to read. Then, it's back to reviewing. I have Gods Misbehaving Badly by Marie Phillips and Choosing to Be: Lessons in Living from a Feline Zen Master by Kat Tansey.

I watched a couple of movies on DVD today. The first was Hancock with Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman. Will Smith plays a different kind of superhero. I loved this movie. Lots of action and even some romance...a little anyway. I usually love Will Smith's movies, so I was pretty sure I'd love this one too.



The second movie was Get Smart with Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway. It was okay. I wasn't really a big fan of the TV show in the first place, but I love Steve Carrell in The Office and figured he'd be the perfect actor to play Maxwell Smart. He was good, but the movie was just "okay". Kind of silly, but I guess that's what it was supposed to be :)



I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a great week...the holidays are upon us and I'm sure everyone is going to be very busy. I'm hoping to get more reading in, but I'm not counting on it.

Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about Get Smart. Silly and just okay. Nothing to rave about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish it would rain where I live. The forecast says rain is coming, but we'll see.

    It sounds like you have read some great books recently!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.