Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sunday Salon - Is this really winter?




What crazy weather we are having in New York! Last week it was snowing and now our temperatures are heading up to 60 degrees! I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just baffled. One minute it feels like winter, the next it feels like spring is on the way.

As far as reading goes, I finished Once Upon A Christmas by Holly Jacobs and posted my review. This is the second of a trilogy and I love it. This is such a "feel good" series. Great comfort reads! Now, I'm reading Choosing to Be by Kat Tansey. I started it this morning and I would have been finished except I got sidetracked by my real life. This is a wonderful book. A joy to read. It's one of the few books I'm going to pass along to my husband to read. After that, I'm not sure what's next on my list. I figure I can get one more book in before 2009 gets here and my reading challenges begin.

I'm also getting ready to put together a list of my likes/dislikes for 2008. I always like taking a quick look back to see what I read over the year. I don't think I did as well as I would have liked in the amount I read, but I do remember reading some good books.

I'm excited about New Year's Eve. We have tickets to a local theater production of Cirque Le Masque. The theater provides food and drinks, then at midnight they show Times Square at midnight. We did this last year and had a great time. It's a nice way to bring in the new year. I hope you all have a very Happy New Year and I hope 2009 brings you everything you wish for.






2 comments:

  1. The temperatures where I live are starting to warm up too. It is supposed to be 76 here tomorrow.

    This is a good time of year for comfort reads. :-)

    Your New Year's Eve plans sound wonderful! I hope you have a good time. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, our temps are back down to 34 today. Crazy weather!

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.