Saturday, November 29, 2008

What an animal reading challenge




Okay, I'm getting in late on this one, but I couldn't resist - I love books with animals (especially cats!)Click on the button above to join in. Here's a little about the challenge...


With a little nudge from this weeks Weekly Geeks, I've finally decided to take the plunge and host my first reading challenge -- What an Animal!

The rules are simple:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:

a. an animal in the title of the book
b. an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal that plays a major role in the book
d. a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you'd like ;>)).

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragons, mermaids, centaurs, fairies, vampires...you get the idea...

3. Challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by June 30th ;>).

4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.

5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or just list them as you find them.

6. Books may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).

7. Crossover books with other challenges is permitted and encouraged.

8. You don't have to blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.

9. Sign up with Mr. Linky below. Please sign up with the specific post announcing the challenge if you are a blogger. If you do not blog, sign up with your name and leave the URL field blank.

Thanks!

10. Have fun!!


Here are my choices...

NOTE: I just updated it and replaced the Rita Mae Brown with Blaize Clement. I'll still be reading the Brown book, but for a different challenge. Trying to juggle all the challenges has become a challenge!

1. Choosing to Be: Lessons in Living from a Feline Zen Master by Kat Tansey Click here for review
2. Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund by Blaize Clement Click here for review
3.Doggone by Gabriella Herkert Click here for review
4. Only the Cat Knows by Marian Babson Click here for review
5. Even Cat Sitters Get The Blues by Blaize Clement Click for review
6. Familiar Double by Caroline Burnes
Click here for review

4 comments:

  1. Hi, not book related but since I follow your blog I just wanted to invite you to come back and visit me at
    http://kayespenguinposts.blogspot to see the new Sweet Saturday recipe sharing idea. You can leave a link to your blog and I am keeping a link list and every Saturday in December bloggers can post a new recipe. I'm just asking that you link back to my blog so I can keep the link list. It should be a lot of fun. I hope you can join in. Watch for the Sweet Saturday logo and instructions posted tomorrow, Dec 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Yvonne. I've actually finished the challenge already, but I have Dewey on my library request list. Hope I get it soon! It looks really good. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Yvonne, I picked up from Google alert that you have my book, "Choosing to Be: Lessons in Living from a Feline Zen Master" in your in box. It will make a nice addition to your "what an animal" list:)

    I like Rita Mae Brown and Clea Simon's books. Have you read Simon's "The Feline Mystique: On the Mysterious Connection between Women and Cats"? Fascinating love story of the relationship women have with cats.

    I am also a Norton fan, particularly the third book, "Norton, the Cat Who'll Forever."

    I like your blog very much. With regard to movies, watched Out of Africa last night for the umpteenth time - I always feel renewed and strengthened by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat - I started your book today and love it! I would have been finished, except "real" life got in the way. That always happens to me.

    I haven't read Clea Simon's Feline Mystique yet, but it's one I definitely want to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.