Saturday, August 2, 2008

Familiar Lullaby by Caroline Burnes



Harlequin Intrigue #614

Genre: Romantic Suspense

The sleek black cat, Familiar, is back for another mystery. This time he has his beautiful lady cat friend Clotilde by his side. When his humanoids neighbors are left with an abandoned baby on their doorstep, Familiar decides to lend a paw in finding out how any mother can leave their child in the hands of strangers.

Homicide detective Mel Haskin strays away from his usual cases to figure this one out. This case is a particularly personal one to Mel and he isn’t about to allow the mother off the hook. He wants to find her and have her declared an unfit mother. He never expected Lily Markey, a top Washington DC reporter, to be involved. The question was, why a reporter leaving an abandon child on doorsteps?

Lily had her work cut out for her. She couldn’t let Mel find out who the parents of this child was or the child would never be safe. Neither would the baby’s mother. Lily vowed to do all she could to protect both of them.

This story had everything from romance to mystery, it will keep readers turning the pages until the very end. I actually found myself in happy tears at the end. I love re-visiting Familiar and following his adventures.

I read this one as part of my Harlequin/Silhouette reading challenge, plus I’ve read all the previous books in this delightful series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.