Sunday, June 8, 2008

Strike Zone by Kate Angell


Genre: Romance, Comedy

Taylor Hannah was a thrill-seeker. She led adventure-packed tours all the time, but when it came to getting married…she ran scared. The Richmond Rogues pitcher, Brek Stryker, waited at the altar for her, but she never showed. Now, Taylor has faced her commitment issues and wants the sexy pitcher back in her life. There’s only one problem, he’s engaged to another woman.

Brek Stryker was hurt for the last time. Taylor ripped his heart out and stomped on it. He decides to go for a less adventurous, quiet woman like Hilary Talbott. He’s convinced she will be the perfect wife for him. She was safe.

When Brek sees Taylor dressed as the team mascot, the sparks fly all over again. As soon as their eyes meet, the sizzle is back and their chemistry is hotter than ever. Brek tries to fight his feelings, but will he succeed?

I love, love, love this book! I was a bit disappointed in the second book of this series, Curveball, but Strike Zone brought this series roaring back to life. There are actually two romances in this book and both are enjoyable reads. I found myself actually caring about these fictitious characters and not wanting to leave them after the last page was turned. I can’t wait for the next book in this series. Kate Angell hit a homerun with this one!

1 comment:

  1. I hadnt heard of this one...great review!
    glad you joined the Romance Reading Challenge :o)

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.